Shop by Category
Shop by Category
A cough can be very distressing and have a significant effect on many children and their families.
The Child Cough-Specific Quality of Life (CC-QOL) is a 16-item questionnaire designed to measure the impact of cough on a child's own reported well-being and burden across multiple dimensions. The questionnaire is easy for children to complete and healthcare professionals to use as part of research and clinical practice. It purposefully uses a simple 7-point Likert-type scale. Higher scores reflect lower frequency and fewer worry concerns (thus greater QoL).
Not only is the questionnaire reliable and valid, but also sensitive to change over time. This means that it measures the impact of the child’s cough their own wellbeing and daily life while also mirroring the changes in the cough severity.
Newcombe PA, Sheffield JK, Petsky HL, Marchant JM, Willis C, Chang AB. A child chronic cough-specific quality of life measure: development and validation. Thorax. 2016 Aug;71(8):695-700. doi: 10.1136/thoraxjnl-2015-207473. Epub 2016 Feb 3. PMID: 26842959.
Purchasing the CC-QoL
The CC-QoL is available now for purchase as a licensed downloadable file. License terms and conditions do apply, so please read these carefully on the product page. Payment is via credit card only.
Commercial Licensees can use the CC-QoL for:
- Clinical intervention/treatment
- Use by individual students and faculty in conducting academic and scholarly research, academic publishing, or course preparation.
- Use as required course readings or viewings.
- Distribution of materials to students in a class or posting or scanning materials to a Learning Management System Website (“Learning Management System Website” means a password-protected website or other system maintained by an instructor for use by students enrolled in a particular course).
- Academic presentations or conferences (must be accompanied by reference to the Copyright Owner) and with reference that use the CC-QoL is not permitted without entering into a license)
The CC-QoL is priced based on your estimated number of uses during the 12-month license period.
- $700 for 100 uses
- $2,100 for 500 uses
- $3,500 for 1,000 uses
Pricing is in Australian Dollars and is exclusive of GST.
To purchase a commercial use license, complete all required fields and proceed to the checkout. When you purchase a license, you will be charged based on your intended number of uses of the CC-QOL during a 12 month (annual period). Should you wish to renew your license after the initial 12-month license period, you can simply come back and renew through the UniQuest e-shop.
Upon receipt of your credit card payment, you will receive the following files for download:
- CC-QoL: Child cough-specific quality of life questionnaire,