Shop by Category
Shop by Category
Schools and parents are increasingly recognising the importance of social and emotional wellbeing and its positive impact on a student’s future, academic achievement, and overall mental health.
KoolKIDS follows the adventures of lead character Okki the Octopus, as he navigates daily home and school routines. Sometimes Okki’s emotions get in the way…and some days are easier to navigate than others….its all part of Okki learning to feel good about himself, learn from his mistakes and controlling feelings. With help from Okki’s mum, his teachers and friends, Okki learns to live well with himself and others!
The KooLKIDS program can be staged over one (1) term or extended across a full academic year and is delivered by the classroom teacher in a blended learning format. Due to its link to strong academic theory and empirical research, KooLKIDS is highly trusted by educators and school leaders.
The KooLKIDS program:
* features 13 sessions specifically tailored to appeal to and increase the level of engagement of children aged 8 - 11 years
* demonstrates theory-practice links with highly engaging materials for children
* uses interactive multimedia formats
* mapped to the Australian National Curriculum personal and social capabilities set by the Australian Curriculum, Assessment and Reporting Authority (ACARA)
* based on strong body of theory and empirical research
There are TWO versions of KooLKIDS:
- WHOLE OF CLASS - to empower all children, aged 8 to 11 years to live well with themselves and others (Available to license here)
- INTENSIVE - to assist at-risk children to re-engage in the learning process after they have been suspended or have been at-risk of suspension from school (Available upon enquiry).
The research team welcome contact from you should you wish to be involved in any broader research. Contact Professor Annemaree Carroll on firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the KooLKIDS site at http://www.kool-kids.com.au/index.php to find out more.