Shop by Category
Shop by Category
You are applying for a Commercial Use License to use the Corporal Punishment Myth Scale (CPMS) (English).
Despite increasing evidence of its harms, corporal punishment is still a commonly used disciplinary strategy for children. The Corporal Punishment Myth Scale (CPMS) is a 10 item self-administered survey tool that has been developed by researchers from The University of Queensland to measure the extent to which individuals believe or accept a set of myths proposed to perpetuate corporal punishment use.
Commercial Licensees can use the CPMS for:
- Clinical intervention/treatment
- Use by individual students and faculty in conducting academic and scholarly research, academic publishing, or course preparation
- Use as required course readings or viewings
- Distribution of materials to students in a class or posting or scanning materials to a Learning Management System Website ("Learning Management System Website" means a password-protected website or other system maintained by an instructor for use by students enrolled in a course)
- Academic presentations or conferences (must be accompanied by reference to the Copyright Owner and with reference that use of the CPMS is not permitted without entering into a license).
- Commercial licensees also cannot publish, share, distribute, modify, sublicense or sell the CPMS material, as they are copyright protected.
The CPMS is priced based on your estimated number of uses during the 12 month license period.
- $100 for 100 uses
- $300 for 500 uses
- $500 for 1,000 uses
- Pricing is in Australian Dollars and is exclusive of GST.
To apply for a Commercial Use licence, complete all required fields and proceed to the checkout. When you purchase a license, you will be charged based on your intended number of uses of the CPMS during a 12 month (annual period). Should you wish to renew your license after the initial 12 month license period, you can simply come back and renew through the UniQuest e-shop.
Upon receipt of your credit card payment, you will receive the following files for download:
- The 10 item CPMS in the language described in the product name (pdf file format); and
- A scoring information sheet for the CPMS (pdf file format); and
- The journal article: Kish, A. M., & Newcombe, P. A. (2015). “Smacking never hurt me!”: Identifying myths surrounding the use of corporal punishment. Personality and Individual Differences, 87, 121-129.