Shop by Category
Shop by Category
The PC-QoL-8 questionnaire is a short, reliable, and valid instrument for assessing the effect of a child’s chronic cough.
The PC-QoL-8 questionnaire is the short version of the Parent Cough-Specific Quality of Life (PC-QoL-27) questionnaire for pediatric use. It is an 8-item questionnaire designed to assess the level of frequency of parents’ feelings and worry related to their child’s cough. It uses a 7-point Likert-type scale, with higher scores reflecting lower frequency and fewer worry concerns (thus greater QoL).
The PC-QoL-8 responds to the demand of clinicians for a shorter instrument to enhance their routine research and clinical care. Despite the PC-QoL-8 being shorter, it is still reliable and sensitive to change over time. This means that it successfully measures the impact of the child’s cough on parents’ and caregivers’ wellbeing and daily life while also mirroring the changes in the cough severity.
The PC-QoL-8 is the first fully validated short children’s cough-specific quality of life questionnaire designed for pediatricians and parents of children with chronic cough. It also aligns with the World Health Organization domains of psychological, physical and social functioning.
- Newcombe, P., Sheffield, J., & Chang, A. (2013). Parent cough-specific quality of life: Development and validation of a short form. The Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology , 131 (4), 1069-74.
Purchasing the PC-QoL-8
The PC-QoL-8 is available now for purchase as a licensed downloadable file. License terms and conditions do apply, so please read these carefully on the product page. Payment is via credit card only.
Commercial Licensees can use the PC-QoL-8 for:
- Clinical intervention/treatment
- Use by individual students and faculty in conducting academic and scholarly research, academic publishing, or course preparation.
- Use as required course readings or viewings.
- Distribution of materials to students in a class or posting or scanning materials to a Learning Management System Website (“Learning Management System Website” means a password-protected website or other system maintained by an instructor for use by students enrolled in a particular course).
- Academic presentations or conferences (must be accompanied by reference to the Copyright Owner) and with reference that use the PC-QoL-8 is no permitted without entering into a license)
The PC-QoL-8 is priced based on your estimated number of uses during the 12-month license period.
- $700 for 100 uses
- $2,100 for 500 uses
- $3,500 for 1,000 uses
Pricing is in Australian Dollars and is exclusive of GST.
To purchase a commercial use license, complete all required fields and proceed to the checkout. When you purchase a license, you will be charged based on your intended number of uses of the PC-QoL-8 during a 12 month (annual period). Should you wish to renew your license after the initial 12-month license period, you can simply come back and renew through the UniQuest e-shop.
Upon receipt of your credit card payment, you will receive the following files for download:
- PC-QoL-8: Short form ("Your child's cough and you"),
And two academic publications:
- Parent cough-specific quality of life: Development and validation of a short form.
- Validation of a parent-proxy quality of life questionnaire for paediatric chronic cough (PC-QoL)