Shop by Category
Shop by Category
A cough can be very distressing and have a significant effect on many children and their families.
The Parent Cough-Specific Quality of Life (PC-QOL-27 TURKISH) is a 27-item questionnaire translated from English to Turkish designed to assess the level of frequency of parents’ feelings and worry related to their child’s cough. The questionnaire is easy for parents to fill and healthcare professionals to use as part of the research and clinical practice. It purposefully uses a simple 7-point Likert-type scale. Higher scores reflect lower frequency and fewer worry concerns (thus greater QoL).
The PC-QoL-27 is the first fully validated children’s cough-specific quality of life questionnaire designed for pediatriciansand parents of children with chronic cough. It also aligns with the World Health Organization domains of psychological, physical and social functioning.
Not only is the questionnaire reliable and valid, but also sensitive to change over time. This means that it measures the impact of the child’s cough on parents’ and caregivers’ wellbeing and daily life while also mirroring the changes in the cough severity.
- Newcombe, P., Sheffield, J., Juniper, E., Marchant, J., Halsted, R., Masters, B., et al. (2008). Development of a Parent-Proxy Quality-of-Life Chronic Cough-Specific Questionnaire. CHEST , 133, 386-395.
- Newcombe, P., Sheffield, J., Juniper, E., Petsky, H., Willis, C., & Chang, A. (2010). Validation of a parent-proxy quality of life questionnaire for paediatric chronic cough (PC-QoL). Thorax .
Accessing the PC-QoL-27 TURKISH
Non-Commercial Licensees can use the PAC-QoL-27 for:
- Use by individual students and faculty in conducting academic and scholarly research, academic publishing, or course preparation
- Use as required course readings or viewings
- Distribution of materials to students in a class or posting or scanning materials to a Learning Management System Website ("Learning Management System Website" means a password-protected website or other system maintained by an instructor for use by students enrolled in a particular course)
- Academic presentations or conferences (must be accompanied by reference ot the Copyright Owner and with reference that use of the PAC-QoL-27 is not permitted without entering into a license).
- Non-Commercial Iicensees are not permitted to use the PAC-QoL-27 for clinical intervention/treatment. Non-Commercial licensees also cannot publish, share, distribute, modify, sublicense or sell the PAC-QoL-27 materials. They are copyright protected.
To apply for a Non-Commercial Use license, complete all required fields and proceed to the checkout. You will not be charged for this transaction.
Your application will be considered and you will receive an email response within 7 days.
If your application is successful, you will receive via email:
- PC-QoL-27 (TURKISH): Parent cough-specific quality of life questionnaire, translated from English to Turkish
And two academic publications:
- Development of a Parent Proxy Quality of Life Chronic Cough-Specific Questionnaire
- Validation of a parent-proxy quality of life questionnaire for paediatric chronic cough (PC-QoL)