Shop by Category
Shop by Category
A cough can be very distressing and have a significant effect on many children and their families.
The Child Cough-Specific Quality of Life (CC-QOL) is a 16-item questionnaire, translated into Mandarin, designed to measure the impact of cough on a child's own reported well-being and burden across multiple dimensions. The questionnaire is easy for children to complete and healthcare professionals to use as part of research and clinical practice. It purposefully uses a simple 7-point Likert-type scale. Higher scores reflect lower frequency and fewer worry concerns (thus greater QoL).
Not only is the questionnaire reliable and valid, but also sensitive to change over time. This means that it measures the impact of the child’s cough their own wellbeing and daily life while also mirroring the changes in the cough severity.
Newcombe PA, Sheffield JK, Petsky HL, Marchant JM, Willis C, Chang AB. A child chronic cough-specific quality of life measure: development and validation. Thorax. 2016 Aug;71(8):695-700. doi: 10.1136/thoraxjnl-2015-207473. Epub 2016 Feb 3. PMID: 26842959.
Accessing the CC-QoL
Non-Commercial Licensees can use the CC-QoL for:
- Use by individual students and faculty in conducting academic and scholarly research, academic publishing, or course preparation
- Use as required course readings or viewings
- Distribution of materials to students in a class or posting or scanning materials to a Learning Management System Website ("Learning Management System Website" means a password-protected website or other system maintained by an instructor for use by students enrolled in a particular course)
- Academic presentations or conferences (must be accompanied by reference to the Copyright Owner and with reference that use of the CC-QoL is not permitted without entering into a license).
- Non-Commercial Iicensees are not permitted to use the CC-QoL for clinical intervention/treatment. Non-Commercial licensees also cannot publish, share, distribute, modify, sublicense or sell the CC-QoL materials. They are copyright protected.
To apply for a Non-Commercial Use license, complete all required fields and proceed to the checkout. You will not be charged for this transaction.
Your application will be considered and you will receive an email response within 7 days.
If your application is successful, you will receive via email:
- CC-QoL: Child cough-specific quality of life questionnaire,