Shop by Category
Shop by Category
You are applying for a Non-Commercial Use License to use the CMSS (Coping with MS Scale)
Most people with Multiple Sclerosis (MS) say that MS affects many areas of their lives and produces a variety of problems. For example, MS may cause financial problems, strain relationships, create emotional distress such as depression and, of course, physical problems such as limited mobility and the loss of control of some body functions.
The Coping with MS scale (CMSS) was developed to measure coping with MS-related problems. It is quick and easy to use. The CMSS is a simple scale for examining relations between coping and the positive outcomes of life satisfaction, benefit finding and positive affect, as well as distress (anxiety and depression).
Non-Commercial Licensees can use the CMSS for:
- Use by individual students and faculty in conducting academic and scholarly research, academic publishing, or course preparation.
- Use as required course readings or viewings.
- Distribution of materials to students in a class or posting or scanning materials to a Learning Management System Website ("Learning Management System Website" means a password-protected website or other system maintained by an instructor for use by students enrolled in a particular course).
- Academic presentations or conferences (must be accompanied by reference ot the Copyright Owner and with reference that use of the CMSS is not permitted without entering into a license).
Non-Commercial Iicensees are not permitted to use the CMSS for clinical intervention/treatment. Non-Commercial licensees also cannot publish, share, distribute, modify, sublicense or sell the CMSS materials. They are copyright protected.
To apply for a Non-Commercial Use license, complete all required fields and proceed to the checkout. You will not be charged for this transaction.
Your application will be considered and you will receive an email response within 7 days.
If your application is successful, you will receive via email:
- The Coping with MS scale (CMSS)
- The CMSS Scoring Guidelines
- Pakenham, K. (2001). Coping with Multiple Sclerosis: Development of a Measure. Psychology, Health & Medicine , 6 (4), 411-428.
- Pakenham, K. (2006). Investigation of the coping antecedents to positive outcomes and distress in multiple sclerosis (MS). Psychology and Health , 21 (5), 633-649.