Shop by Category
Shop by Category
Choose Your Options
You are ordering the GAI form (Chinese-Australian).
Anxiety is very prevalent in older people, but with dementia also presenting as a common illness in this group, mood disorders such as anxiety and depression can be overlooked because the symptoms can be very similar.
The Geriatric Anxiety Inventory (GAI) is a simple scale for quickly screening older people for anxiety disorders. It can be easily administered and scored by a range of clinical staff across a variety of health care settings. Apart from being quick and easy to use, the GAI is the first clinically validated anxiety screening tool that can be used with normal older people and older people with mental health problems.
The GAI is a 20-item questionnaire that health practitioners administer to older patients. Topics covered include feelings of fearfulness, worry, physical symptoms of anxiety, and concerns about the impacts of worry and anxiety.
Licensees can use the Chinese-Australian GAI for:
- Clinical intervention/treatment in Australia
- Use by individual students and faculty in conducting academic and scholarly research, academic publishing, or course preparation in Australia
- Use as required course readings or viewings in Australia
- Distribution of materials to students in a class or posting or scanning materials to a Learning Management System Website (“Learning Management System Website” means a password-protected website or other system maintained by an instructor for use by students enrolled in a particular course) in Australia
- Academic presentations or conferences (must be accompanied by reference to the Copyright Owner and with reference that use of the GAI is not permitted without entering into a license) in Australia
Licensees are not permitted to publish, share, distribute, modify, sublicense or sell the GAI materials. They are copyright protected.
Normally, a 12 month license for 100 uses of the GAI are priced at $100 AUD plus GST.
However, Beyond Blue have funded the translation of the GAI into Traditional and Simple Chinese for Australian community contexts, and therefore it is made available for free. License terms and conditions do apply (see 'Terms and Conditions" heading below).
To apply for a license to use the Chinese-Australian translation of the GAI, complete all required fields and proceed to the checkout. Note the price of the license is $0.00. You will not be charged for this transaction.
Upon completion of the checkout tasks, you will receive the following files for download:
- the 20 question Chinese-Australian Geriatric Anxiety Inventory (GAI) (pdf file format); and
- a scoring information sheet for the Chinese-Australian GAI (pdf file format); and
- the journal article "Development and validation of the Geriatric Anxiety Inventory", 2006.