Shop by Category
Shop by Category
Choose Your Options
You are applying for a Commercial Use License to use the Corporal Punishment Myth Scale (CPMS) (English).
Despite increasing evidence of its harms, corporal punishment is still a commonly used disciplinary strategy for children. The Corporal Punishment Myth Scale (CPMS) is a 10 item self-administered survey tool that has been developed by researchers from The University of Queensland to measure the extent to which individuals believe or accept a set of myths proposed to perpetuate corporal punishment use.
Commercial Licensees can use the CPMS for:
- Clinical intervention/treatment
- Use by individual students and faculty in conducting academic and scholarly research, academic publishing, or course preparation
- Use as required course readings or viewings
- Distribution of materials to students in a class or posting or scanning materials to a Learning Management System Website ("Learning Management System Website" means a password-protected website or other system maintained by an instructor for use by students enrolled in a particular course)
- Academic presentations or conferences (must be accompanied by reference to the Copyright Owner and with reference that use of the CPMS is not permitted without entering into a license).
- Commercial licensees also cannot publish, share, distribute, modify, sub-license or sell the CPMS material, as they are copyright protected.
The CPMS is priced based on your estimated number of uses during the 12 month license period.
- $100 for 100 uses
- $300 for 500 uses
- $500 for 1,000 uses
Pricing is in Australian Dollars and is exclusive of GST.
To apply for a Commercial Use licence, complete all required fields and proceed to the checkout. When you purchase a license, you will be charged based on your intended number of uses of the CPMS during a 12 month (annual period). Should you wish to renew your license after the initial 12 month license period, you can simply come back and renew through the UniQuest e-shop.
Upon receipt of your credit card payment, you will receive the following files for download: .
- The 10 item CPMS in the language described in the product name (pdf file format); and
- A scoring information sheet for the CPMS (pdf file format); and
- The journal article: Kish, A. M., & Newcombe, P. A. (2015). “Smacking never hurt me!”: Identifying myths surrounding the use of corporal punishment. Personality and Individual Differences, 87, 121-129.