Shop by Category
Shop by Category
You are applying for a Commercial Use License to use the GAI SHORT FORM (Portugese for Brazil).
Anxiety is very prevalent in older people, but with dementia also presenting as a common illness in this group, mood disorders such as anxiety and depression can be overlooked because the symptoms can be very similar.
The Geriatric Anxiety Inventory short form (GAI-SF) is a briefer version of the 20 item Geriatric Anxiety Inventory. The GAI-SF is a 5-item scale that measures dimensional anxiety in older people. It is a screening tool rather than a clinical diagnostic inventory, and can be administered either as a self-report or health professional-administered measure. The GAI-SF has sound psychometric properties, and this brief inventory is recommended for use in epidemiological studies, in primary care settings and in acute geriatric medical settings where a briefer tool may be preferred.
Commercial Licensees can use the GAI for:
- Clinical intervention/treatment
- Use by individual students and faculty in conducting academic and scholarly research, academic publishing, or course preparation
- Use as required course readings or viewings
- Distribution of materials to students in a class or posting or scanning materials to a Learning Management System Website (“Learning Management System Website” means a password-protected website or other system maintained by an instructor for use by students enrolled in a particular course).
- Academic presentations or conferences (must be accompanied by reference to the Copyright Owner and with reference that use of the GAI is not permitted without entering into a license)
Commercial Iicensees are not permitted to publish, share, distribute, modify, sublicense or sell the GAI materials. They are copyright protected.
The GAI is priced in bundles of 100 uses at $1 per use during the 12 month license period.
$100 for 100 uses
Pricing is in Australian Dollars and is exclusive of GST.
To purchase a commercial use license, complete all required fields and proceed to the checkout. When you purchase a license, you will be charged based on your intended number of uses of the GAI during a 12 month (annual period). Should you wish to renew your license after the initial 12 month license period, you can simply come back and renew through the UniQuest e-shop.
Upon receipt of your credit card payment, you will receive the following files for download:
- the 5 item GAI-SF in the language described in the product name (pdf file format); and
- a scoring information sheet for the GAI-SF(pdf file format); and
- the journal article : Byrne, G.J. and Pachana, N.A., (2011). Development and validation of a short form of the Geriatric Anxiety Inventory – the GAI-SF. International Psychogeriatrics, 23, 125-131.