Shop by Category
Shop by Category
5.2F8 – Recognises the capsid protein of Chikungunya virus – suitable for use in IFA, ELISA and Western blot.
This purchase is for an approximately 20 microgram/ml aliquot of supernatant that has not been further purified. Costs for standard shipping are included in the price.
The price exclude shipping. Shipping will be organised and charged to your shipping agent account. We can only ship with FedEx outside of Australia; we can only ship with LabCabs, TNT or Toll within Australia. Please email your shipping agent account number to [email protected] or we will not be able to process your order.
Target: Chikungunya virus (CHIKV) capsid protein
Produced in: Mouse
Specificity: Recognises CHIKV strains in the two major genotypes (Asian & East/Central/South African). Also recognises the alphaviruses Ross River virus and Semliki Forest virus in ELISA.
Applications: For Research Use Only. IFA, ELISA and Western blot.
IFA: shown to be effective following fixation using 4% formaldehyde or 100% acetone.
ELISA: Can be used in fixed cell ELISA following 4% formaldehyde or ≥ 20% acetone.
Storage: Contains 0.02% sodium azide as a preservative. Store at 4 °C.
Can be aliquoted and stored frozen, but repeated freeze/thawing should be avoided.
A safety data sheet for 0.05% sodium azide solution can be accessed here.
Goh LY, Hobson-Peters J, Prow NA, Gardner J, Bielefeldt-Ohmann H, Suhrbier A, Hall RA. (2015) Monoclonal antibodies specific for the capsid protein of chikungunya virus suitable for multiple applications. J Gen Virol. 96:507-12.
Goh LY, Hobson-Peters J, Prow NA, Baker K, Piyasena TB, Taylor CT, Rana A, Hastie ML, Gorman JJ, Hall RA. (2015) The Chikungunya Virus Capsid Protein Contains Linear B Cell Epitopes in the N- and C-Terminal Regions that are Dependent on an Intact C-Terminus for Antibody Recognition. Viruses. 8;7:2943-64.
THIS MATERIAL IS FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND CANNOT BE USED FOR CLINICAL OR DIAGNOSTIC PURPOSES
To discuss opportunities relating to commercial use of these materials, please contact UniQuest Pty Ltd. to discuss licensing options.
USE OF MATERIAL
- Thank you for your interest in purchasing the Material from UniQuest Pty Limited, ACN 010 529 898 (“UniQuest”). Before the Material can be provided the to the person or entity identified during the checkout process (the “Purchaser”), these terms and conditions will need to be agreed to by a person who has authority to bind the Purchaser. These terms and conditions should be read carefully as they create important legal rights and obligations.
- The fee for the Material is the displayed as part of the eShop checkout process. The provision of the Material is conditional upon the fee being paid, including any applicable goods and services tax, on the date of acceptance of these terms and conditions. If the Purchaser accepts these terms and conditions, the Purchaser will be asked to pay the fee.
- The Purchaser may use the Material for the Purpose and must not use the Confidential Information for any other purpose including for any commercial purpose.
- The Purchaser must not lodge any patent application or any other application for the statutory protection of the Material.
- The Purchaser must comply with all laws, and with all applicable codes of conduct in relation to the use of the Material.
- The Purchaser acknowledges that the Material is provided for research and evaluation purposes only.
- The Purchaser acknowledges that the Material are provided ‘as is’ and that UniQuest has not made and does not make any warranty or any representation:
(a) that the Material is fit for any particular purpose,
(b) that the Material does not infringe the rights of any other person.
(c) as to the safety of the Material
- The PURCHASER understands and agrees that the Materials are by nature experimental and have not received marketing authorization by the FDA or any equivalent regulatory body in other territories. The PURCHASER further understands and agrees that it must comply with all laws, and with all applicable codes of conduct in relation to the use of the Material, including an application for human ethics approval (where relevant).
- The Purchaser acknowledges that the Material may be toxic, may contain infectious agents, or other substances that are hazardous or dangerous, or harmful to persons or property.
- The Purchaser is responsible for the Purchaser’s safe handling, storage and use of the Material, in such as a way as ensures that the Material will not cause any harm to any person, or to property.
- The Purchaser warrants to UniQuest that given the nature and characteristics of the Material, the Purchaser:
(a) is aware of all matters that concern the safe handling, storage and use of the Material,
(b) has all facilities, skills and expertise that are required for the safe handling, storage and use of the Material.
- The Purchased will not resell the Material.
- The Purchaser acknowledges that it bears the sole risk in relation to its use of the Material and is solely responsible and liable for any claims of third parties arising from the Purchaser’s or the third party’s use of the Material. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW UNIQUEST EXCLUDES ALL LIABILITY TO THE PURCHASER IN RESPECT OF THE USE OF THE MATERIAL BY THE PURCHASER OR A THIRD PARTY.
- THE TOTAL LIABILITY OF UNIQUEST TO THE PURCHASER FOR LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND, HOWEVER CAUSED DUE TO UNIQUEST OR THE NEGLIGENCE, BREACH OF CONTRACT, BREACH OF ANY LAW, IN EQUITY, UNDER INDEMNITIES OR OTHERWISE, ARISING OUT OF ALL ACTS, OMISSIONS AND EVENTS WHENEVER OCCURRING WILL BE LIMITED IN THE AGGREGATE FOR ALL CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION TO ACTUAL DIRECT DAMAGES NOT EXCEEDING AN AMOUNT EQUAL TO THE FEE PAID PURSUANT TO THIS AGREEMENT. THE PARTIES AGREE THAT UNIQUEST IS NOT LIABLE TO THE PURCHASER AND EXCLUDES ALL LIABILITY, FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMANGES, THIRD PARTY CLAIMS OR LOSS OF PROFITS, REVENUE, GOODWILL OR OPPORTUNITIES IN CONTRACT, TORT, UNDER ANY STATUTE OR OTHERWISE (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE).
- THE PURCHASER HEREBY INDEMNIFIES UNIQUEST AND ITS RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS (EACH AN “INDEMNIFIED PARTY”) AGAINST ALL LIABILITY, LOSS, COSTS, DAMAGES OR EXPENSES (INCLUDING LEGAL COSTS AND EXPENSES) INCURRED OR SUFFERED BY AN INDEMNIFIED PARTY ON A FULL COMPENSATION BASIS AS A RESULT OF THE USE BY THE RECIPIEINT, OR ANY THIRD PARTY AUTHORISED BY THE RECIPIENT, OF THE MATERIAL.
- Where legislation implies in this Agreement any condition or warranty, and that legislation prohibits in a contract excluding or modifying the application of or exercise of or liability under such condition or warranty, the condition or warranty shall be deemed to be included in this Agreement. The liability of UniQuest for any breach of any such condition or warranty shall be limited to the replacement of the Material or as otherwise permitted in the legislation.
- Subject to the following sentence, if the Purchaser is in breach of any obligation contained in this Agreement and UniQuest serves upon the Purchaser notice in writing requiring the breach to be remedied within 7 days of the date of such notice, or such greater number of days as UniQuest may in its discretion allow and the Purchaser shall have failed to comply with the notice, UniQuest may immediately terminate this Agreement by notice in writing to the Purchaser. If the Purchaser is in breach of any obligation contained in this Agreement and that breach is incapable of being remedied, UniQuest may terminate this Agreement immediately by written notice to the Purchaser.
- The Purchaser must attribute the Material as originating from The University of Queensland.
- If it is held by a court that:
(a) any part of this Agreement is or would be void, voidable, illegal or unenforceable; or
(b) the application of any part of this Agreement to any person or circumstances shall be or become invalid or unenforceable,
unless any part of this Agreement were severed from this Agreement, that part shall be severable and shall not affect the continued operation of the remaining terms of this Agreement.
BY SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION THROUGH THE CHECKOUT, YOU ARE INDICATING YOU HAVE READ, ACCEPTED AND AGREED TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
IF THE LICENSEE DOES NOT WISH TO AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, PLEASE DO NOT COMPLETE THE ORDER.
IF YOU AS THE INDIVIDUAL WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR CHOOSING WHETHER OR NOT TO ACCEPT THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ON BEHALF OF THE LICENSEE DO NOT HAVE THE AUTHORITY TO BIND THE LICENSEE TO THIS AGREEMENT, THEN YOU SHOULD NOT ACCEPT THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OR PROCEED WITH THE MATERIAL PURCHASE
UniQuest will share customer information with The University of Queensland for the purpose of order fulfillment