Shop by Category
Shop by Category
You are purchasing the GAI form (English for Canada).
Anxiety is very prevalent in older people, but with dementia also presenting as a common illness in this group, mood disorders such as anxiety and depression can be overlooked because the symptoms can be very similar.
The Geriatric Anxiety Inventory (GAI) is a simple scale for quickly screening older people for anxiety disorders. It can be easily administered and scored by a range of clinical staff across a variety of health care settings. Apart from being quick and easy to use, the GAI is the first clinically validated anxiety screening tool that can be used with normal older people and older people with mental health problems.
The GAI is a 20-item questionnaire that health practitioners administer to older patients. Topics covered include feelings of fearfulness, worry, physical symptoms of anxiety, and concerns about the impacts of worry and anxiety.
Commercial Licensees can use the GAI for:
- Clinical intervention/treatment
- Use by individual students and faculty in conducting academic and scholarly research, academic publishing, or course preparation
- Use as required course readings or viewings
- Distribution of materials to students in a class or posting or scanning materials to a Learning Management System Website (“Learning Management System Website” means a password-protected website or other system maintained by an instructor for use by students enrolled in a particular course).
- Academic presentations or conferences (must be accompanied by reference to the Copyright Owner and with reference that use of the GAI is not permitted without entering into a license)
Commercial Iicensees are not permitted to publish, share, distribute, modify, sublicense or sell the GAI materials. They are copyright protected.
The GAI is priced based on your estimated number of uses during the 12 month license period.
$100 for 100 uses
$300 for 500 uses
$500 for 1,000 uses
Pricing is in Australian Dollars and is exclusive of GST.
To purchase a commercial use license, complete all required fields and proceed to the checkout. When you purchase a license, you will be charged based on your intended number of uses of the GAI during a 12 month (annual period). Should you wish to renew your license after the initial 12 month license period, you can simply come back and renew through the UniQuest e-shop.
Upon receipt of your credit card payment, you will receive the following files for download:
- the 20 question Geriatric Anxiety Inventory (GAI) in the language described in the product name (pdf file format); and
- a scoring information sheet for the GAI (pdf file format); and
- the journal article "Development and validation of the Geriatric Anxiety Inventory", 2006.