Shop by Category
Shop by Category
You are applying for an Individual Academic License to use the Discursis Software.
Discursis is a computer-based tool for analysing human communication.
Communication can be in the form of conversations, web forums, training scenarios, and many more.
Discursis automatically processes transcribed text to show participant behaviours and their interactions around specific topics and over the time-course of the conversation.
Discursis can assist practitioners in understanding the structure, information content, and inter-speaker relationships that are present within input data.
This technology can objectively analyse any textual communication data in real-time, to provide quantitative measures of key behaviours.
Individual Academic Licensees can use the Discursis software for:
- Use by individual academic researcher conducting academic and scholarly research, academic publishing, or course preparation
- Use as required course readings or viewings
- Distribution of materials to students in a class or posting or scanning materials to a Learning Management System Website ("Learning Management System Website" means a password-protected website or other system maintained by an instructor for use by students enrolled in a particular course)
- Academic presentations or conferences (must be accompanied by reference to the Copyright Owner and with reference that use of Discursis is not permitted without entering into a licence).
Academic licensees are not permitted to use the Discursis Software for commercial use.
Academic licensees also cannot publish, share, distribute, modify, sublicence or sell the Discursis software.
To purchase an Individual Academic Use licence, complete all required fields and proceed to the checkout.
Your application will be processed and you will receive an email response within 7 days containing:
- Either an exe (Win) or pkg file (Mac) which installs the software. Please be sure to select the correct option (Windows or Mac) when placing your order.
- Training notes to support your use of the software
Note: your software licence is valid for 3 months.